the ppp insurgents/enemy combatants are still at it Guyana
“Any attempt to use SARU to illegally harm the legitimate economic and financial interests of any PPP/C leader and/or former government functionary on the basis of wild, unsubstantiated and politically motivated allegations of corruption will be stoutly and resolutely rebuffed by the Party”, the party said.
based on the public ramblings of certain party apparatchiks, sounds as if they have designs to remove the APNU/AFC govt. i mentioned a solution exactly a year ago and highlighted david gulla’s notes on counter insurgency
1. Concentrate enough armed forces to destroy or to expel the main body of armed insurgents.
2. Detach for the area sufficient troops to oppose an insurgent’s comeback in strength, install these troops in the hamlets, villages, and towns where the population lives.
3. Establish contact with the population, control its movements in order to cut off its links with the guerrillas.
4. Destroy the local insurgent political organization.
5. Set up, by means of elections, new provisional local authorities.
6. Test those authorities by assigning them various concrete tasks. Replace the softs and the incompetents, give full support to the active leaders. Organize self-defense units.
7. Group and educate the leaders in a national political movement.
8. Win over or suppress the last insurgent remnants.
it’s been less than a week and Erdogan has already rounded up thousands of enemy combatants over there in Turkey. You don’t give insurgents room to breathe and foment sabotage and destruction.